527 South Crocker Street Los Angeles, CA 90013213-488-9559 www.lampcommunity.org
- The Village
- The Lamp Village is located in the heart of Skid Row and offers 98 year-round emergency shelter beds for both men and women, including individuals affected by HIV/AIDS and those exiting the prison system without a home. Members receive three meals a day and have access to support groups, case management and other services leading towards permanent housing and increased stability.
- Public Toilet, Laundry and Shower Services
- Hygiene kits and towels are made available to those who often have nowhere else to turn to maintain personal hygiene. Washer and dryer vouchers are given to new residents at the Village shelter as well as to clients of select partner organizations. Showers and toilets are open seven days a week. Security is present during operating hours and showers and restrooms are cleaned twice a day to ensure a safe and welcoming environment.
- Hours of Operation
- Showers and Restrooms: 5:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Laundry Facility: 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Money Management and Benefits Advocacy
- We offer personal banking services to hundreds of Skid Row residents, both housed and homeless, who have chosen to deposit their government benefits and other income with Lamp. This program also links individuals to benefits to which they are entitled. Lamp staff counsel clients to create and maintain personal budgets, pay bills, live on limited incomes and save for unexpected expenses. In addition to banking and budgeting services, Lamp offers financial literacy support groups, financial counseling and classes to help clients learn about savings, improve credit, avoid loan-sharking and other relevant topics to help these vulnerable adults take control of their finances.
*LAMP also offers permanent supportive housing, an outpatient mental health center and shelters for individuals receving emergency medical care.