Union Bank and KCET, public media for Southern and Central California, are looking for outstanding men and women of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) community who are providing great leadership and will broadcast on KCET in June 2012.
1. Nominations must be received by Tuesday, April 10, 2012. Late nominations will not be accepted, no exceptions!
2. Note this is a suggested list of categories.
Arts – are persons in management/administration levels who work with galleries, museums, culture programs, journalism, etc.
Business – Individuals who are small business owners who have achieved success as entrepreneurs. Individuals
Community Activism – Individuals involved in areas designed to bring about social or political change.
Education – Individuals involved in developing and/or implementing educational programs at any level (i.e. teachers/instructors, faculty, staff).
Social Services – Individuals who usually work with people viewed as having special disadvantages such as persons with low incomes, persons with disabilities, elders, persons with mental illness, the homeless.
Health Sciences – Individuals dedicated to the enhancement of human health. Health sciences encompass disease prevention, health education/promotion and the provision of health care.
3. profession beyond the scope of his/her paid position and local community.
4. Nominees must be members of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender community.
5. All nominees must reside in the KCET broadcast service area which includes the following counties: Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Barbara, Riverside, San Bernardino, Orange, San Luis Obispo, Kern, and Inyo.
6. Nominees should be nominated by individuals instead of self nominated. Individuals nominating potential candidates should do some investigative (anonymous) research to provide the information necessary in the application. Keep
7. Union Bank and KCET strive to be eco-friendly companies. Therefore, all supporting information should not exceed three pages typed. (The candidate nomination form does NOT count toward the three-page total).
8. All candidate nominations must include the attached nomination form and a typed description which received.
Nominations must be submitted to KCET by Tuesday, April 10, 2012 via our online form at kcet.org/heroes, e-mail to email@example.com or fax to 323-953-5662. Questions? Please call KCET at 323-953-5789 and/or email KCET at the above address.
Funding is generously provided by Union Bank.